Judge Denies Request To Revoke Serial Rapist’s Parole -- May 12, 2015

After issuing a gag order for serial rapist Christopher Hubbart’s parole-revocation hearing last month, a Santa Clara County judge denied the request to revoke Hubbart’s conditional release Monday.

Santa Clara County Judge Richard Loftus denied the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s request to revoke Christopher #Hubbart’s conditional release, according to a tweet send out by the District Attorney’s office.

Hubbart, 64, was convicted of raping more than 40 women in the 1970s-1980s. He was paroled conditionally to Lake Los Angeles on July 9, 2014.

“Santa Clara Judge Richard Loftus failed to prevent serial rapist Christopher Hubbart from creating any more victims and calming the fears of Southern Californians,” said Assemblyman Tom Lackey, R-Palmdale, in a statement Monday. “Hubbart has proven to be uniquely dangerous and very calculating leaving a trail of dozens of victims in his path. We must continue to speak out for true justice and end Hubbart’s unfair release into the Antelope Valley.”

Loftus issued a gag order late last month, restricting the release information about the case from being made public.

Loftus had 90 days to issue a decision of where Hubbart will be released, officials said.

Source: http://www.hometownstation.com/santa-clari...