Firefighters Respond To Newhall House Fire Started By Candle -- January 2, 2015

Fire Department officials responded to a Newhall house fire started by a lit candle Thursday morning, officials said Friday.

Los Angeles County Fire Department officials responded to a report of a structure fire on the 24700 block of Walnut Street between 13th Street and 13th Place at 9 a.m., said Inspector Randall Wright of the LACoFD. Firefighters were on scene at 9:03 a.m.

“The first fire engine on scene reported smoke showing at the rear of a one-story, single-family dwelling,” Wright said.”The Walnut incident was confined to single-bedroom and storage room.”

The fire burned contents of the house and did not burn the structure, Wright said.

No injuries were reported.

Source: http://www.hometownstation.com/santa-clari...